Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tools & Prerequisites

To learn and master animation you need to have one basic qualification. A creative mind and some drawing/sketching skills.

Following are the tool set I already have with me. Nothing big, just basic stuff.

The System:

Core 2 Quad Core with a 1 GB DDR3 GeForce GT 240 Graphics card.

Not particularly a good graphics card to render 3D and Animation. But that will do for now. And we will get a new Nvidia Quadro card once we get to the meaty part of the course.

Drawing Tools:

  • Sketch Book. It's good to have a sketch book to brush up the drawings skills.
  • Pencils of different points, I mainly use HB & 2B pencils. I use pencils of brand Koh-i-noor.

Digital Drawing/Sculpting Tool:

Wacom Intuos4 Large - Pen Tablet

Ok. This one is optional. But I would highly recommend a digital tablet, when we do digital sculpting.

No comments:

Post a Comment